Install the Visual Studio Extension
First, you need to install the latest VS Tools for Meadow Extension by downloading it or through the Extension Manager
- In Visual Studio, go to Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Click Online and search for
- Install VS Tools for Meadow (version 0.6.0 or later), shut down all instances of Visual Studio, and restart.
Important: If you previously installed Meadow.OS with
dfu-util and updated the STM32 BOOTLOADER driver from STTub30 to WinUSB through Zadig, you need to uninstall the WinUSB driver. See Uninstall WinUSB Bootloader Driver below.
- Open Visual Studio 2019 and select Continue without code.
- Open Meadow Device Explorer: View > Other Windows > Meadow (or Ctrl+Shift+M).
- Click Download MeadowOS.
- Connect your Meadow device in bootloader mode by connecting your device while holding down the BOOT button.
- Click Flash Device. This will take a couple minutes to complete.
- Choose the correct port in Select Target Device Port dropdown. Hint: open Device Manager and expand Ports (COM & LPT), the correct Meadow device COM port is USB Serial Device.
Uninstall WinUSB Bootloader Driver
If you did not install MeadowOS via
dfu-util previously, you can skip this section.
- Connect your device in bootloader mode.
- Open Device Manager.
- Find Universal Serial Bus devices > STM32 BOOTLOADER.
- Right-click STM32 BOOTLOADER and select Uninstall Device.
- In the Uninstall Device window, check Delete the driver software for this device. and click Uninstall.
- After uninstall is completed, the device will appear as STM Device in DFU Mode under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Reconnect the device in bootloader mode.